Tag Archives: McClellan Arch

McClellan Arch opens past to Arlington National

When Arlington National Cemetery opened to the public in 1864, everyone passed through the McClellan Arch, which is about 150 yards to the left of the current entrance. Named for Union Gen. George B. McClellan, whose Civil War headquarters was … Continue reading

Posted in Arlington National Cemetery | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment