Tag Archives: amphitheatre and rostrum

Arlington National Cemetery’s old amphitheatre and rostrum

Before the Memorial Amphitheatre by the Tomb of the Unknowns opened in 1921, this small amphitheatre behind the gardens of Arlington House served as the main gathering place. Built in 1868, the circular colonnade was once filled with vines. The … Continue reading

Posted in Arlington National Cemetery | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment