Amid the famous buildings of Capitol Hill sits a small brick house with two centuries of history.
The Sewall-Belmont House on the corner of Second St. and Constitution Ave. NE has been associated with our political leaders since the city’s early years. In 1929, the National Woman’s Party bought the house for feminist education that’s still ongoing.
The national headquarters, the society continues seeking equal rights for women. The house has a museum filled with exhibits and education programs. It also has tours. Check the website.